The Max Planck Institute for Brain Research (MPI for Brain Research) in Frankfurt am Main is one of the leading research institutes in the field of basic neuroscience and focuses particularly on the structure and function of brain circuits using experimental, computational and theoretical approaches. The institute currently counts approx. 300 employees, distributed among three scientific departments, five independent research groups and several service facilities.
To support our IT service group, we are looking for a full-time
Network and system administrator
for the earliest possible date and with an initial contract for two years.
Areas of responsibility:
- Administration, operation and support of servers and clients based on the platforms Windows (Server 2008R2 - 2012, Windows 7 - 10), Linux (usual distributions), Mac OSX and virtualization via ESX Cluster
- Installation, configuration and administration of network components (Cisco/Dell) and corresponding expertise in the areas of switching, routing, VLAN, WLAN, firewall
- Support of the team in the administration of our storage (NetApp/GPFS) and backup environment (TSM)
- Responsibility for system stability, data availability and the smooth operation of the IT environment
- Assistance in further development of our IT infrastructure
- User support and helpdesk tasks
- Structured documentation of the work
- Completed training in an IT profession (e.g. IT specialist) or equivalent skills.
- Sound knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and server family.
- Sound knowledge in the areas of network and IT security.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux, Mac OSX and backup.
- Good expertise in virtualization and remote desktop technologies.
- Fluent in written and spoken German and English; enjoy dealing with scientists from different cultures and solving their IT problems.
- Flexible and solution-oriented thinking, independent, conscientious work habits.
- Ability to work in a team and good communication skills.
- Cooperative and structured working style.
You can expect a diversified and responsible position in a young and motivated team with a good working atmosphere. We offer intensive orientation and professional development opportunities in a dynamic international environment. Remuneration is based on qualifications in accordance with the TVöD. Social benefits correspond to those of the public sector.
The Max Planck Society wishes to increase the proportion of women in those areas in which they are under-represented. Women are therefore expressly invited to apply. The Max Planck Society strives to employ more handicapped people and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Please send your application documents, including a letter of motivation, your desired salary and earliest possible starting date electronically, by 30 July 2018 at the latest, to our human resources department:
Max Planck Institute for Brain Research
- Human Resources -
60438 Frankfurt am Main
T: +49 69 850033-1510
F: +49 69 850033-1519