Job offer from July 14, 2021
The Max Planck Institute for Brain Research (MPI for Brain Research) in Frankfurt/Main is a vibrant research institution in the field of basic biological and medical research, with a focus on understanding the functions of the brain’s circuits. Our institute has approx. 300 employees in three research departments and five research groups, as well as several service units.
The department of Connectomics (Director: Prof. Dr. Moritz Helmstaedter) investigates the connectivity between nerve cells in the cerebral cortex (www.brain.mpg.de/helmstaedter).
For the earliest possible date, we are looking for a Technical Assistant (BTA/MTA) (m/f/d) to join our team, initially limited to two years, with the possibility of extension.
You will work in close collaboration with our researchers in ambitious research projects, with ample possibilities for developing personal skills and independence. We will support you with continuous education and in acquiring additional qualifications.
Your main tasks:
- Histology, microscopy, immunohistochemistry, tissue processing for electron microscopy
- Genotyping via PCR
- Contribution to animal experiments
- Technical / experimental support of our international research team
- Successfully completed vocational training as BTA/MTA (m/f/d) or similar qualifications
- Knowledge in the fields of molecular biology and histology beneficial
- Above-average commitment, independence and flexibility
- Communication skills and team-orientation
- Fluent in spoken and written English for working in an international research team
- Very good computer skills
- Good command of German is beneficial but not a prerequisite
You should be enthusiastic about scientific research and be willing to participate in animal experiments.
- A variety of interesting tasks in a pleasant and international working atmosphere in a dynamic team
- Position with payment according to German TVöD (Collective Wage Agreement for Government Service Workers - Federal Government) with all benefits of the public service in a friendly working environment, initially limited to two years with the possibility of deferral
- Continuing education and training
- A corporate pension plan
- Family service (baby and children's room at the institute, day care center on campus)
- Company health management (e.g. company doctor, sports offers)
- Cafeteria / bistro in the institute
- Good connections to public transport
- Free parking on the institute’s premises
Compensation is in accordance with the TVöD (German public service) salary scale. Social benefits correspond to those of the public service.
The Max Planck Society aims to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are
underrepresented. Women are therefore expressly encouraged to apply. The Max Planck Society strives to employ more severely disabled people. Applications from severely disabled persons are expressly encouraged.
The compatibility of work and family is very important to us; among other things, we offer the possibility of childcare in the immediately neighboring Kita Kairos. For more information, please visit our website.
We’re looking forward to receive your complete and conclusive application documents with details of your earliest possible starting date. Please submit your application before August 29th 2021, preferably electronically as a single pdf file on our application platform.