Job offer from June 20, 2022
The Max Planck Institute for Brain Research (MPI for Brain Research) in Frankfurt/Main is a vibrant research institution in basic biological and medical research, with a focus on understanding the functions of the brain’s circuits. Our institute has approx. 300 employees in three research departments and four research groups, as well as several service units.
In order to amplify our IT service unit, we are looking for an experienced and motivated Head of Information Technology (IT) (m/f/d)
We need our IT department to be versatile and enthusiastic to take on new problems across the whole range of information technology. Therefore, we are looking for passionate and selfmotivated people to further design and develop our system landscape.
Technologies used in house: Net App and SpectrumScale Storage Systems; VM Ware for virtualization; Cisco Network Equipment; mixed clients (MAC, Windows, Linux).
- Management of the IT and Electronics service group (5 in IT + 2 in Electronics)
- Continuous maintenance of the institute's central IT infrastructure
- IT planning, conception and further development
- Assure community standard IT security for small to mid-size infrastructure
- Coordination of all IT procurement activities at the Institute, including applications for funds and expert support in tendering as well as Budget Control; the MPI for Brain Research has administrative staff to support you with these tasks
- Participation in activities within the Max Planck Society’s IT community
- Successfully completed degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. IT, computer science or business informatics) or alternatively, proof of corresponding certificates in case of an equivalent vocational training in the IT sector and relevant professional experience, ideally in a scientific environment
- Very good knowledge of the concept, design and operation of heterogeneous IT landscapes
- Sound knowledge of current Linux server operating systems (knowledge in Windows would be a plus)
- Experience in network technologies (virtual networks, routers, firewalls)
- Proficiency of the English language for communication in an international research environment (e.g. negotiations and presentations); German would be a plus
We are looking for an open-minded, motivated person with a high degree of service and team orientation, as well as great communication skills, a can-do spirit, assertiveness and planning competence
What we offer
- An interesting and varied range of tasks in a dynamic and international work environment
- Employment with all benefits of the public service
- Continuing education and training
- Company pension plan
- Family service (baby and children's room at the institute, day care center on campus)
- Company health management (e.g. company doctor, sports offers)
- Cafeteria / bistro in the Institute
- Good connections to public transportation
- Free parking on the institute’s premises
Compensation is in accordance with the TVöD (German public service) salary scale. Social benefits correspond to those of the public service.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of women, individuals from historically underrepresented groups and individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore expressly encourages applications from such qualified persons. The compatibility of work and family is also very important to us; we offer the possibility of childcare in the kindergarten Kairos within close proximity to the institute. Further information can be found on our homepage.
We look forward to receiving your complete and conclusive application documents including your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date in one single PDF document by July 17th 2022 on our application platform.