Job offer from March 31, 2023
The Max Planck Institute for Brain Research (MPI for Brain Research) in Frankfurt am Main is a steadily growing research institution in the field of basic biological/medical research and is specifically concerned with the functioning of circuits in the brain. The institute, which currently employs about 250 people, consists of scientific departments, research groups and several service facilities. The animal house cares for rodents (mice, rats, naked mole rats), bearded dragons, zebrafish and cephalopods.
With immediate effect we are looking for a Veterinarian (m/f/d)
- Veterinary care for the various laboratory animal species
- Participate in the veterinary medicine cabinet
- Advice scientists on animal experiments and support with documentation
- Monitor compliance with legal requirements and inspect the keeping of animals
- Participate in trainings and continuing education of employees working in the field of animal care and experimentation
- If qualified, assuming the function of animal welfare officer (m/f/d)
- Licensed veterinarian (m/f/d); PhD desirable
- Willingness to train as German Veterinary Specialist (m/f/d) in Laboratory Animal Science or existing qualification
- Experience in Laboratory Animal Medicine and existing knowledge on the species housed desirable
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Goal-oriented and independent, well-organized working style with a high sense of responsibility and strong communication skills
What we offer
- A varied, interesting job in an exciting and international working atmosphere
- Employment with all the benefits of public service
- Continuing education and training
- Company pension scheme
- Family service (baby and children's room in the institute, day care center on campus)
- Cafeteria and bistro in the institute building
- Company health management (e.g. company doctor, sports offers)
- Good connections to public transportation
- Free parking on the institute’s premises
Compensation is in accordance with the TVöD. The social benefits correspond to those of the public service. The position is temporary with the aim of making it permanent in the future. It is a full-time position which is in principle suitable for part-time work.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number individuals from historically underrepresented groups and individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore expressly encourages applications from such qualified persons.
The compatibility of work and family is very important to us; among other things, we offer the possibility of childcare in the immediately neighboring Kita Kairos.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your complete and informative application documents with details of your earliest possible starting date by May 31st, 2023 via our application platform.