Modern Topics in neuroscience
During the Modern topics in neuroscience (October 2018 till February 2019) course, the key concepts and topics of studies are taught. It includes interactive lectures, master classes by experts, and a round table discussion on animal models.
The classes are open for (doctoral) students and postdocs from the neuroscience community in the Rhine-Main area. Registration (by sending an email to the IMPRS coordinator) is however compulsory. In addition, we will register your attendance.
All classes take place on Tuesday afternoon (14.00-17.00 hours) at Katz room of the Max Planck Institute for Brain Research (Max-von-Laue Str. 4, campus Riedberg) unless stated otherwise.
The final hour (4-5 pm) of the classes consists of a journal club. Students going to all the classes are expected to present at least one paper made available by the lecturer. Participants can sign in via Doodle.
- October 17, 2018: Ethics in science; Gilles Laurent (MPI) Material 1 2 3
- October 30, 2018: Neural Coding; Julijana Gjorgjieva (MPI)
- November 13, 2018: Master class by David Foster (Berkeley Psychology, USA)
- November 20, 2018: Dendrites; Hermann Cuntz (ESI) Paper Background reading
- December 4, 2018: Gene/molecular networks; Amparo Acker-Palmer (Goethe University) Paper Background reading 1 2
- December 11, 2018: Self-organization; Jochen Triesch (FIAS) Paper
- December 18, 2018: Cortical Maps; Matthias Kaschube (FIAS) Paper Additional Material 1 2
- January 8, 2019: Animal Models in Neuroscience
- January 15, 2019: Brain States: Martin Vinck (ESI)
- January 22, 2019: Space, time and memory in the brain; Hiroshi Ito (MPI)
- January 22, 2019 (17.30-20.30): Master Class by Attila Losonczy (Columbia University, New York, USA)
- January 29, 2019: Cell biology of the neuron; Anne-Sophie Hafner and Paul Donlin-Asp from Schuman Lab (MPI)
- January 29, 2019 (17.30-20.30): Master Class by Elly Nedivi (MIT, Boston, USA)
- February 5, 2019: Optogenetics: Tools and Applications; Alexander Gottschalk (Goethe University)
- February 12, 2019 (13.00-16.00, GU - Blue Tower): Reward systems and motivation; Jochen Röper (Goethe University)
- February 19, 2019 (13.00-16.00, GU - Blue Tower): Animal models of psychiatric disorders; Torfi Sigurdsson (Goethe University)
- February 26, 2019: Neuronal dynamics in orthogonal bases; Tatjana Tchumatchenko (MPI)
Dr. Arjan Vink
Coordinator IMPRS for Neural Circuits
T: +49 69 850033-2900
M: +49 175 2647988