PhD positions and Postdoctoral positions at the Max Planck Institute for Brain Research
The "Theory of Neural Dynamics" at the MPI for Brain Research lead by Dr. Tchumatchenko offers fully funded PhD positions or Postdoc positions, with funding according to the TVöD.regulations. We are looking for scientists who are interested in understanding of how neuronal networks work, how they respond to stimuli and what role connectivity and single neuron dynamics play for the activity of the brain.
- Life-science or quantitative background (physics, mathematics, biology etc
- Excellent Bachelor and Master degrees
- Excellent PhD degree in natural sciences required for the postdoctoral position
- Strong interest in theoretical model calculations and numerical simulations
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Excellent English skills
Application documents should comprise a full CV (incl. publication record), academic transcripts and a letter of motivation. Please send your documents to Dr. Tatjana Tchumatchenko at the following email address: tatjana.tchumatchenko(at)brain.mpg.de
The Max Planck Institute has set itself the goal of increasing the proportion of women and strongly encourages women to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal aptitude, qualifications and professional performance will be given preferential consideration.
T: +49 69 850033-1510
F: +49 69 850033-1519