We offer different modules for small groups of students (typically up to five students per experiment), which are supervised by scientists from the Institute and are set in a real lab environment:
- Stain different parts of the cell and watch its fluorescence under a microscope.
- Measure the electrical signals in nerve cells using electrophysiology and learn how these cells communicate.
- Extract DNA from different fruits using different common chemicals and filtration methods.
- Use the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) technique to multiply a DNA fragment and separate it using a gel (electrophoresis).
- Learn about optogenetics, an exciting new techniques to switch nerve cells on and off using light.
- How can we measure the connections in the brain? Explore Electron Microscopy and play the game Brainflight to make the connections.
- Explore microscopy: learn about the different techniques and view different samples under the microscopes.
Dr. Arjan Vink
Coordinator Teaching Lab
T: +49 69 850033-2900
M: +49 175 2647988